Wings for Widows Financial Coaching Program
Wings for Widows offers a financial coaching program designed to guide new widow(er)s through the transition into widowhood while achieving financial wellness. We are currently seeking Licensed Financial Advisors to provide pro bono financial coaching services to widow(er)s.
As a pro bono Financial Advisor, you will provide information and planning services that will help widow(er)s make informed decisions about their financial situation including the following:
- Reviewing and assessing the client’s current financial situation
- Showing the client how to track and reduce expenses -Helping the client develop a plan to manage debt
- Helping clients see all financial options available to them
- Providing resources to help with needs beyond the scope of our program
- Licensed Financial Advisor in good standing
- You have received compliance approval from your firm for your participation in the Wings for Widows Financial Coaching Program
- You agree to abide by the rules of the Wings for Widows Financial Coaching Program
To help you best prepare for helping clients through the Wings for Widows Financial Coaching Program we will offer specific training on the Wings for Widows Financial Coaching Program and a copy of the New Widow’s Guide to Financial Wellness, a workbook for you to work through with clients.
Volunteers for the Wings for Widows Financial Coaching Program are expected to:
- Work with approximately three clients per year. Referrals will come directly from Wings for Widows.
- Engage with each client up to four times; One meeting to get acquainted, one meeting to get organized, one meeting to get prioritized, and one meeting to get stabilized. Engagements will be virtual using a platform of your choice (e.g. Zoom, Webex, Google Meets etc)
- Spend a total of 6-8 hours with each client, depending on the client’s needs.